Monday 25 February 2013

Back soon..... (girls on tour)


After nearly two months of daily blogging and supermarket avoidance, I'm taking a little break and stepping away from my computer this week. Don't worry - I promise I won't stray into Tesco - but you will have to do without my random ramblings for a few days.

I've been warned that this is tantamount to blogging suicide. According to my boss, Derby Telegraph editor and blogging guru the majestic Neil White (who incidentally has his own excellent blog in case you really do need something else to read), if I step away from my site for even a couple of days you will all desert me in your droves.

Well I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I believe that. Surely a bunch of hardcore foodies, local shopping campaigners and friends of my mum can't be put off if I go on a little holiday? We're made of tougher stuff than that - aren't we?

Anyway, there's not much I can do about it. I'm going to spend some quality time with my two gorgeous best girlfriends Christine and Christina in a log cabin in the middle of a forest in North Yorkshire, and the holiday firm's website says not to expect any mobile phone reception - never mind internet access. So I'm going to be cut off for a few days. It all sounds a bit Blair Witch doesn't it....

Never fear though, I promise I'll have lots of fun supermarket-free stories to report when I get back. Chris'n'Chris are viewing the trip with a little trepidation because usually when we go away together we stop off at a supermarket en-route to stock up on essentials (chocolate and wine mainly). They've asked if they can nip into Tesco while I wait in the car park but I've told them that's not allowed. Instead I've found a couple of really brilliant-looking farm shops near to the site and we're going to call off on the way so I can introduce them to the joys of shopping local.

And if you enjoy the fact that I tend to be a pretty graceless and clumsy as I go about my business then you'll get an even bigger laugh when I throw The Chrises into the mix. Christina in particular has a talent for creating the odd slapstick moment, is currently pregnant with twins and has just texted me to say she has a flat tyre, which can no doubt only add to the fun. I'm sure between us we can create a few entertaining local shopping anecdotes, while our mother hen Christine picks up the pieces.


Me and The Chrises

So that's all for now then folks, I'll be back in the loop and blogging again on Friday, so please don't give up on me.

PS - Yes it is quite handy to have two best friends with the same name. We actually all lived together back in our graduate days and it was brilliant, if I needed anything all I had to do was bellow "CHRIS" and they'd both come running. These days they reckon they can tell from the tone of my voice which Chris I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment