Friday 12 April 2013

Egg-streme confusion resolved


Back in January, I posted about our eggs-cellent local farmer "Not-Roger", who delivers fresh eggs to our doorstep every Thursday evening, and is called "Not-Roger" by us because we couldn't remember his name, although we do know that he's definitely NOT called Roger. See the previous post for an explanation of that!

Well, like scrambling eggs, the plot thickens, because soon after writing that post I managed to lose Not-Roger's number.

Not too much of a hardship - we've still be getting amazing eggs thanks to all the farm shops we've been visiting, but it's always nice to support a local business and have them delivered direct to the door.

Anyway, last week a postcard dropped through our letterbox advertising local free-range Hasland eggs (complete with slightly scary picture of domineering hen looming over a small white duck!), and it turned out to be from Not-Roger.

There was a note on the back saying "just in case you've lost my number". And even better - he signed off as Rob, so we now know his name.

Of course I got in touch, explained the situation, and yesterday half a dozen lovely free range eggs were delivered. Plus, thanks to the postcard, we now know that he does duck eggs too.

Although I suspect in my mind I might always think of Rob as Not-Roger the Egg Man!









2 comments:

  1. Hi, recently found your blog from a google search and very happy i was too. I am just entering week 3 of going supermarket cold turkey and like you am loving it so far. Will continue to follow with interest, especially as my sister lives in Derby so will try out some of your favourite places when I go to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison,

      Great to hear you're avoiding the supermarkets and thank you for the positive feedback.

      It's definitely more pleasurable - the only real issue is convenience.

      Do keep me updated as to how you're getting on.

      Delete