Tuesday 2 April 2013

Proof in the pudding

So yesterday, as the majority of people enjoyed a lovely bank holiday duvet day, I was in the Derby Telegraph newsroom along with a small bunch of colleagues putting today's paper together.

And on Sunday night I decided to make homemade brownies to bring into the office to keep the troops going.

Okay, when I say homemade I might be stretching the truth a little bit, because the mixture actually came out of a packet. But at least it was a supermarket-free packet.

Brownie mix
The brownie mixture was made by a firm called Cottage Delight, which is based in Staffordshire and produces "speciality foods". All I had to do was pour it into a bowl and add beaten eggs, melted butter and oil, then put the mixture into a brownie tin and bake.

As far as baking goes it was pretty damn easy, and I even went in the bath while it was cooking!

The results were cracking though and the brownies went down fantastically well at work, with the lads crowding round to grab one before they ran out.

"Bloody hell Jade, you're a bit of a dab hand in the kitchen aren't you?" said one as he went back for a second helping.

"What can I say," I smiled modestly. "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard."

Obviously I neglected to mention that it came from a packet!





Mmmmmmm brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment