Thursday 12 September 2013

A list!

After nine months of bitching, I think it’s probably becoming pretty obvious that I don’t very much like Tesco.

But I do have one thing to concede….

If you need to kit out a house, cheaply and in a hurry, you could pretty much find whatever you wanted – from microwaves to pots and pans, bedding and even candles - at any decent-sized Tesco Extra store.

They even sell Tesco branded horse rugs. Not that I would…. (and I don’t particularly need one of the house either)

But I do need to kit out a house in a hurry. Unfortunately without the help of Tesco.

The little cottage in Belper that I’m moving into next week is unfurnished so I need to buy a hell of a lot of stuff, and because this move is the second I’m making this year (neither of them planned!) the funds at the Bank of Beecroft are running a little low.

Tesco’s well-known motto is “Every Little Helps” and right now I could see how the supermarket could actually be helpful… simply by providing me with a lot of the stuff I need, at a decent price, all under one roof.

But no. Don’t worry. I’m not going to crack. I’m going to do this move without the supermarkets. Here’s my shopping list for the next week (and I’m sure I’ll be adding to it)….

Washing machine + installation
Fridge
Freezer
Hoover
Ironing board
Microwave
Freeview box
TV
Frying pan
Set of saucepans
Knives and forks etc
Plates
Bowls
Glasses
Chopping knives
Chopping board
Toaster
Kettle
Throws
Cushions
Kitchen bin
Potato peeler
Blow up bed
Kitchen utensils set

2 comments:

  1. Second hand shops and freecycle are the place to look for a lot of it. I recently got rid of a toaster and ironing board on freecycle and housey things come up a lot - we've had everything from sideboards to beds to coffee machines second hand for little or no money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jade
    You can get lots of those things cheaply from B&M in Belper. Let me know if you need a hand with anything, I can volunteer someone with a van! x Michele

    ReplyDelete