Sunday 8 September 2013

Giving in to the inevitable


Another Sunday… another night in the newsroom….. which regular readers will know is usually my excuse to stuff my face with all manner of naughty treats to keep me going. There’s something about the graveyard shift that just inspires over-eating. It’s like I can’t possibly put Monday’s paper together unless there is something sugary or stodgy in my mouth at all times.

So today, I decided to give into the urges early and make myself a pack-up accordingly, rather than pushing coins into the office snack machine at regular intervals. If I’m going to be naughty, I may as well make it good-quality naughty.

So I popped to Brown and Green, the artisan foods shop near Little Eaton, this morning for a better class of naughtiness, and bought myself treats including posh chocolate, Belgian waffles, real cream from Duffield dairy and so on.

My pack up for this evening includes some olive sourdough bread made in Crich, homemade humous, an amazing looking lemon meringue with raspberries and cream, a waffle (which I have just polished off with a cup of tea), choccies and a really nice salad to go with the (inevitable) Pizza Hunt pizza.

I’m all set. Bring on the news….

No comments:

Post a Comment