Thursday 5 September 2013

Off message

Okay okay, I know I’ve gone a bit “off message” again.

Truth be told, I’ve been struck by a bit of writer’s block. And yes I know I do this for a living, but after nine months even I have started to run out of steam when it comes to writing about avoiding the supermarkets. Don’t worry, I’m still avoiding them. I’m just running out of things to say about avoiding them!

Today, for example, I popped out on my lunchbreak and bought some lovely bread, baked in Crich, Derbyshire, and brie from Jack Rabbits, Derby’s amazing delicatessen. I also grabbed an avocado from the Eagle Market and a salad from Soundbites. But having already written about all those places, it’s hardly the stuff of gripping headlines.

I think what this shows, more than anything else, is that avoiding the supermarkets has ceased to be a challenge and has simply become a way of life for me now, which can only be a good thing.

Maybe at this point, rather than continuing banging on about bread and cheese, I should open myself up to questions from the floor?

No comments:

Post a Comment