Thursday 15 August 2013

Bad bunny update

It’s tedious link time again…. but I’m going to make today’s blog a short update on the war between myself and Bad Beans Bunny, because last night an important battle was won.

Avid readers (god bless you) will recall that the rabbit has been driving me nuts rattling the bars of her cage all through the night, leaving me feeling not dissimilar to my beautiful best friend Christina, who is currently getting up every two hours (god bless her too) to feed her newborn twins.

And on Tuesday I went out into Derby’s Eagle Market to buy some soap and some mega hot, blow-her-furry-little-brains-out chilli sauce, with a view to making the bars of her cage less palatable.

I decided to play fair (after all – she is a little bit smaller than me) and start with the soap – reserving the mega hot chilli sauce for an if-all-else-fails 4am desperate situation. My own personal version of the atomic bomb.

So last night, before bed, I sat by her cage and liberally rubbed the dry soap bar (a foul-smelling pink thing from a market stall bargain bucket – yep, there goes the supermarket link) all over the front bars of the bunny cage, where Princess Beans likes to rattle.

And then I went to bed.

And then I slept. A long, glorious sleep, right through the night, with no bunny disturbances what-so-ever.

I woke up this morning and looked over to the cage to find Beans sat by the bars, looking at me somewhat distastefully, but making no attempt to put her mouth round them.

Victory! VICTORY IS MINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment