Monday 5 August 2013

On the hunt for Hendos

Horror. The pure, cold feeling of dread creeping down my spine.

That was how I felt this morning when I made myself scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast and then reached for the cupboard, only to suddenly realise that I'd forgotten one crucial, critical detail when moving in with Anna recently.

I forgot to bring a bottle of Hendos.
Phew! Got the Hendos!

As anyone from Yorkshire will know, this represents a very very severe emergency situation... akin perhaps to accidentally leaving the house without any clothes on, or forgetting an important anniversary.

It's just not cricket.

And clearly, now I'm in Derby, Henderson's Relish is not readily available.

So I ate a miserable and depressing Hendos-free breakfast and resolved to spend my day off working doing something to rectify the situation.

Luckily my plan for the day involved going to the stables, and as I've decided not to move the horse, this involved going to Chesterfield.... which is close enough to the Yorkshire border for several of the shops to stock the hallowed sauce, including my favourite greengrocer Hasland Fruit and Flowers.

And while I was there, I picked up some veggies too. And then, because I figured by this point I might as well, I swung via Meringue bakery to pick up some decent bread, and then came home via Brown and Green, at Little Eaton near Derby, for a few other bits.

So as it turns out, I've done loads of supermarket-free shopping today - but not found any new shops close to Anna's.

Ah well.

And in other news...here's the text one of my mum's friends, Georgina, sent to her in response to yesterday's blog:


"C u ave bin annoyin Jade wiv ur txts!"

So apparently my mum isn't the only one who fancies herself as down with the kids.






No comments:

Post a Comment