Wednesday 21 August 2013

Free pizza!

I’ve raved about Fresh Bite Pizza, in the Derbyshire town of Belper, before. Run by a lovely smiley Iranian gentleman and a handful of equally-smiley staff, it is, quite simply, one of the best places in the world to get a pizza.

So imagine my delight when I popped in yesterday for my usual Tuesday treat and was told that my pizza would be on the house, because the staff have read this blog and think I’m doing a great job avoiding the supermarkets.

I’m on a bit of a soapbox at the moment I know, but the evidence really is mounting up that when you avoid Tesco and the like, and give your custom to your local shopkeepers and businesses instead, you end up building up a network of friends who will happily help you out, and really make you feel it’s worth your while supporting them. Forget your faceless customer loyalty cards – you get a much better service from your local shops – be it a free pizza, packing boxes, or even the offer of a helping hand moving house.

Thanks Fresh Bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment