Saturday 10 August 2013

Local loyalty

I'm typing this blog out on my iPhone while sat in the hairdresser, and I think the choices I've made this morning perfectly demonstrate the power of local shopping.

Despite now living in Derby, I've still chosen to drive up to Chesterfield to get my hair cut with my normal (and trusted) hairdresser Lisa, at Bliss salon in Hasland.

Why don't I just find a new hairdresser in Derby? Well Lisa is really good value, she always makes my hair look lovely and we get on and have a natter, so I look forward to chatting with her and the other customers.

It's worth the 40 minute drive, and while I'm here I've also called in on my favourite bakery and greengrocer too. I also plan to stay loyal to lovely Judi at Hasland pet supplies.

So perhaps the power of local shopping really lies in the loyalty you build up... because even though I'm no longer local, I still want to give my favourites my custom.

No comments:

Post a Comment