Saturday 8 June 2013

Anna gets even lovelier


My lovely friend Anna is being lovely again. In fact, she's surpassing herself on the loveliness scale this evening.

It's my editor Neil White's 25th wedding anniversary bash, and a bunch of us from work have been invited along. Neil and his wife Andrena are a great laugh (especially when drunk!!) and he's laid on a band, food and a free bar, so it should be a good (if slightly messy) night.

And to save me from having to drive (who wants to miss out on a free bar?!); lovely, kind, generous, long-suffering Anna has offered to give me a lift.

Anna has literally been a fountain of wonderfulness lately, so I thought it was probably about time to say thank you.

And one of the great things about My Year Without Supermarkets is that I'm not tempted into buying over-priced crap supermarket flowers for friends anymore. Instead I go to one of the two fantastic florists/greengrocers just round the corner from my house and pick up something much nicer.

So here's what I'm giving Anna later....


No comments:

Post a Comment