Sunday 16 June 2013

Thank you Christine's mum!

I went to see my best friends Christina and Christine last night for a BBQ (supermarket-free - Chris brought farm shop burgers for the grill). Christina is now heavily pregnant with twin girls so we're all getting very very excited about their arrival.
Chris'n'Chris'n'Bump

We were sat  the sofa after the food, enjoying a glass of wine (although none for bump obviously!) when Christine's phone pinged.

"Ooooh it's my mum," she said. "And it appears to be for you Jade."

Eh? Clearly I've met Christine's mum quite a few times over the years - from when they used to come round to our scruffy shared house in Sheffield bringing bags of goodies and cleaning products, to visiting Chris at home in Liverpool when she had her troublesome tonsils out. 

"Yep," said Chris. "My mum says 'tell Jade I'll send her some plastic bags. She'll know what I mean'."

Christine looked at me blankly. "DO you know what she means?"

Helloooooo in there.....
Clearly Christine's lovely lovely mum had read yesterday's blog about my carrier bag shortage and decided (like all good mums) to step in and help out.

So thank you Christine's lovely mum! And yes please to the bags.







No comments:

Post a Comment