Sunday 2 June 2013

RECIPE: Potato Salad

I went to my lovely friend Claire's for tea last night - she of The Best Quiche In The World fame - and because there was five of us I offered to take something round. I suggested potato salad, thinking that I'd got a load of spuds in already, and could just whack some mayo over them, and job done.

"Potato Salad is fine," said Claire. "But Taffa (one of the other guests) doesn't like mayonnaise,  red wine, or any shop-bought salad dressing."

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

There goes that then. So instead I put together a potato salad with red onions, peppers, balsamic and paprika which actually turned out to be really nice, so here's the recipe.

INGREDIENTS:


New potatoes/charlotte potatoes (enough to serve five in my case)
1 red onion
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 close garlic chopped
5 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic
1 tsp paprika
Dash Hendos (optional)


METHOD:

Put the spuds onto boil (slice if they are too large) and then chop the onion, peppers and garlic. Add 1tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic and Hendos to a frying pan and then fry them gently while potatoes are cooking. When spuds are cooked, drain and add to the pan, along with the rest of the olive oil, balsamic and paprika. Gently stir and then  take off the heat.

Can be served warm or cold

No comments:

Post a Comment