Sunday 12 May 2013

Community champions

Well this blog is fast becoming My Year Without Shopping - rather than My Year Without Supermarkets. 

I've had another really busy week this week so I've barely been to the shops at all, and thanks to a work event including slap-up meal that I'm going to later, I won't be doing any shopping today either.

But because I've got superhero greengrocer Banana Bob, who delivers the weekly veg box, and Not-Roger The Egg Man, I've not be starving.

So where am I going this afternoon? Well the Derby Telegraph, in partnership with the Mayor of Derby's office, Derby County Football Club and The Derbyshire Building Society, runs an annual awards evening called Community Champions, where we celebrate unsung heroes who have gone the extra mile to help others.

Categories include carers, great neighbours, sporting achievements, children of courage and fundraisers. And this afternoon it's the award ceremony at Derby County's Pride Park stadium.

So time to go and slap some make-up on and dig a frock out..... normal service will be resumed tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment