Saturday 20 July 2013

Humourless

This is going to be a short and totally humourless blog today, for two reasons:

1 - I'm up to my neck in packing for the house move.

2 - I've just spent the morning ringing round various companies, taking my name off accounts and changing my address details. "Confirm this Miss Beecroft.... what's your DOB Miss Beecroft... let's just run through some security questions Miss Beecroft...." I've consequently completely lost my sense of humour! Even as I type, there's tinny music coming from my mobile phone as I wait on hold to speak to another bank.

To be fair, I've spoken to some quite nice people. Lovely Scottish Lucile, from O2, insisted on calling me "lovie" the whole time, which I quite liked. Christopher, from LV, sympathised with the break-up situation as he proceeded to increase my car insurance premium for being single (great - thanks for that). And Matt, from Halifax, has just wished me well with my packing.

But I still feel like my head is about to explode.

So definitely no supermarket shopping for me today - that really would tip me over the edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment