Tuesday 16 July 2013

I'm Clark Kent

This is going to be a very quick post today because once again I'm snowed under with work and moving stuff.

However I thought I'd share this little story...

I dashed out into Derby at lunchtime to grab a sarnie, and went to one of my favourite shops. I won't name then because I don't want to embarrass the staff member in question, but suffice to say I go into this shop several times a week and have actually featured them in the newspaper. I'm on first name terms with everyone in there.

So imagine my surprise when a member of staff who usually asks me how the blog is, or how I'm getting on with avoiding the supermarkets, didn't recognise me at all, and even asked where I work as part of her patter.

I walked away scratching my head. What's different? Do I really look that rough today?

Then I realised... ah ha! My glasses. I'd left the office still wearing my glasses.

So to all those who used to think Superman was a bit ridiculous because how could anyone really not recognise Clark Kent just because he stuck a pair of glasses on... apparently this is actually not quite so crazy after all.

Unfortunately this still doesn't make me Wonderwoman. Sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment