Monday 8 July 2013

My day of supermarket food


How nice is M&S cauliflower cheese?! I mean, HOW NICE?! And that's an exclamation - not a question.

Today I have mostly been eating supermarket food. Not of my own design, but because I've had lunch with my lovely (and now absolutely ridiculously pregnant!) friend Christina, and tea at my mum's. And both have fed me supermarket-bought food.

As clearly stated by the rules, back in January, this is fine. I have no control over where my friends and family shop, and it would be rude to go to their houses and demand supermarket-free food.

Christina adores the supermarkets. I found a pack of pink French fancies in her bread bin and asked her what she had against the yellow or brown ones (because personally yellow is my favourite).

"Oh nothing," she replied. "But the boxes of just pink were on offer for a quid in the supermarket."

And after stuffing my face with Lynda McCartney pie (mock-beef - not real bits of Lynda) at mum's and praising her on the cauliflower cheese, she admitted that it had come in a packet from Marks and Spencers.

So there we go.... occasionally My Year Without Supermarkets does involve days where I eat mostly supermarket food, but at least I've still not set foot in one myself this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment