Wednesday 24 July 2013

Not cloud ants... or poos!

Lovely lovely long-suffering Anna almost found herself on the receiving end of quite a disturbing message yesterday.

“I put a bag of what looks like poos into your freezer,” I typed. “But don’t worry, it’s not poos, it’s ready-to-bake cloud ants.”

Not the sort of thing you expect to receive on your lunch break. Bloody predictive text!

What I’d actually put into her freezer were ready-to-bake frozen croissants. Although they do indeed look a bit like tiny anemic turds.

It was part of a little shopping trip to stock up her kitchen with a few of my favourite essentials. I’ve pretty much moved in with her now, although I’m still shuttling back and forth with car-loads of stuff this week. So I popped to Brown and Green, the amazing artisan food store in nearby Little Eaton, to stock up.

Lovely Anna is an Aldi and Morrisons girl, so she’s going to find living with me quite an education. And I’m hoping to get loads of blog fodder from her supermarket shopping trips! Delights that now grace her fridge include milk from Duffield Dairy, a homemade quiche and cheese from a Derbyshire creamery.

Luckily there are no cloud ants in her freezer though.

No comments:

Post a Comment