Monday 29 July 2013

Pegging it

Today I was faced with yet another of those little conundrums that crops up every now and then in my quest to avoid the supermarkets. After all, I am of the generation that is pretty much used to being able to buy everything anything (and I really do mean ANYTHING) from Tesco.

So where the hell do I go to buy clothes pegs?

Lovely Anna has a washing line, but no pegs, and seeing as I’ve put my first official wash in her washing machine this morning, I figured I’d better not go home without them.

Luckily the older members of staff at the office, who remember a time before we relied on the supermarkets for everything, and pointed me in the direction of Derby’s Market Hall.

I’ve blogged about this place before - it’s a gorgeous old building and all the stallholders are like one big happy family, which makes it a really lovely and welcoming place to shop.

I found my pegs on a stall that seemed a bit like a mini Wilkos (and yes, I’ve just realised that Wilkos would probably have been another place to go for pegs). It had loads of useful stuff so I also came away with a pack of 20 washing up scourers for just £1. The good ones too with the really tough green scratchy bit that actually cleans the pans after I’ve burnt them!

Beat that Tesco!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment